1. I will study the mechanics of bike riding, administer assessments and determine your riding style. I will tell you where to
sit, where to put your feet and when to pedal. I will give you a lengthy report and programme to follow through on before
2. I will encourage you to talk through your fears about riding and the consequences of falling. I will listen very deeply and
help you to heal yourself. We will discuss your past experiences of riding, such as if your parents rode and why that might
3. I will buy you the bike, put on training wheels and take them off when I think you are ready. I will run by the bike holding
on until you can balance and then will cheer as you go riding onto the sunset. Occasionally I will threaten to take away the
bike if you don't comply with my rules!
4. I will share with you my experience and expertise in bike riding. I will tell you the best bike on the market, give you tips
on the most effective ways I've found to ride and suggest strategies for dealing with common problems like driving in traffic
(don't do it!) and changing tires quickly. I've been in the same position myself so you'd better listen to me!
5. I will start with some background- the history of the bicycle the theory of riding before moving on the explain the
components of the bike and describing how to ride. Observe closely while I demonstrate as there will be a short test at the
end of the class.
6. I will listen to your desire to try riding and ask about the colour and kind of bike you're going to ride. I will ask if you need
instructions on how to ride and if so, where you might get them. I will run alongside the bike 'checking in' to see if you're
enjoying the experience and asking what might make it more fun. I will help you discover what you need to do to take care
of yourself and recover when/if you fall. When you stop I will ask you about your experience and what was valuable. We
will explore if you want to pursue mastery of bike riding. If you do I will help you devise a plan so you can attain this
mastery. If you don't I may help you devise a plan to sell the bike!
|Copyright 2011 Soul Sanook Coaching. All rights reserved.